Community development is the process of helping a community strengthen itself and develop towards its full potential.
It’s our mission…
To collaborate with Winnebago County communities and organizations to bring skills and expertise to address local issues. We address areas including: community development, economic development, organizational development, leadership development and training, public policy issues, public engagement processes, shared decision-making and consensus building, among others. These priorities change as local needs change.
It’s our goal…
To help build stronger and more effective public and non-profit organizations in Winnebago County and play a role in building a stronger economy and Fox Valley community at-large.
- Neighborhood leadership and capacity building.
- Local government education and leadership development
- Plan Commissioner capacity building
- Community development education programs that strengthen municipal structures and organizations
- Organizational development, strategic planning, community visioning, and Real Colors® facilitation
- Planning and decision-making process design, facilitation, and team-building
- Community Sustainability
- Collaboration for the protection and management of natural resources
- Community economic development and economic impact research and education
Allyson Watson currently serves as the Community Development Educator for Winnebago and Outagamie Counties UW-Extension. Her work focuses on a number of priority areas in Winnebago County.
If you have any questions regarding Community Development in Winnebago County, please contact:
Interim Community, Natural Resource
and Economic Development Educator for
Outagamie and Winnebago County
Cell phone: 920-659-0379
Office phone: 920-232-1970
Follow Allyson’s blog: https://fyi.uwex.edu/newicnred/
Natural Resources Educator
625 E. County Y, Suite 600
Oshkosh, WI 54901-9775
Visit the UW Extension Natural Resources website at: http://naturalresources.uwex.edu