Winnebago County Futurity
The 4-H Dairy Futurity is meant to encourage dairy project members of Winnebago County to gain industry experience by giving incentives for making comprehensive management decisions with their dairy project animals. It also encourages the exhibition of more mature heifers, giving the project members a complete project experience with the same animal for at least one year. The 4-H Dairy Project and the Dairy Futurity provide opportunities to expose participants to potential careers in the dairy and agriculture industry.
2019 Futurity Forms (open to Winnebago, Waushara, Waupaca and Green Lake Counties Jr. & Open Exhibitors)
2019 4-H Formal Forms (open to Winnebago County Jr. Exhibitors)
2020 Futurity Forms (open to Winnebago, Waushara, Waupaca and Green Lake Counties Jr. & Open Exhibitors)
Ken Cartwright Memorial “Small Fry in Training” Showmanship Contest
Winnebago County Fair – Sunnyview Exposition Center
Purpose: To give youth 4-8 years of age a taste of exhibiting a dairy or beef calf at the Winnebago County Fair to promote continued participation in Dairy or Beef education in future years.
Outstanding Dairy Exhibitor
Outstanding Dairy Exhibitors – New Process for 2018!
Youth wishing to be considered for an Outstanding Dairy Exhibitor award must complete an application and mail it to the Winnebago County Fair Board (applications must be postmarked by July 10).
• Applicants will be assessed on the youth’s involvement in Dairy-related activities and education, their leadership, goals and plans for the future. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of community judges. Detailed criteria and scoring are outlined in the application (below).
• Further information can be gathered by contacting 920-410-2919
- Wisconsin Calculated Milk Cost of Production December 2010
- Wisconsin Calculated Milk Cost of Production November 2010
- 2008 Dairy Modernization Survey Results
- Cost of Raising Heifers-2007
- Remodeled Parlors
- Remodeling A Tie Stall Barn for an Interim Milking Parlor
- How Producers Responded to the Lower Prices of 2006
- Impact of Changing Milk & Input Prices
- What Research Shows About Use of Rubber Floors for Cows
- Got Moola: Business Financial Assistance Guide
- Effective Fiber for Dairy Cows
From the Winnebago County Meat Animal Board (MAB):
- Wisconsin Information: https://fyi.uwex.edu/youthlivestock/yqca/
- National YQCA Program: http://yqca.org/
- 4-H Meats Judging Contest – Information & Resources
- Urban Chicken Waste Presentation
- Handling Poultry Litter
- Guide to Raising Healthy Poultry
- Pasture Poultry Ark – Housing