To attend one of the trips listed below, youth must submit their completed application (including resume, cover letter, answering two questions and two reference letters) to the Winnebago County UW-Extension office, 625 E. County Road Y, Suite 600, Oshkosh, WI 54901 by Monday, November 6, 2017 and interview on Sunday, November 19, 2017. Delegates will then be selected by the interview panel.
Click here: 4-H Trips Brochure – 2018 for more information about the following ca mps:
- SPACE CAMP (Grades 6-8)
- WI 4-H YOUTH CONFERENCE (Grades 7-10)
- CITIZEN WASHINGTON FOCUS (CWF) (Grades 10-12)
- 4-H NATIONAL CONGRESS (Grades 10-12)
- 4-H NATIONAL CONFERENCE (Grades 10-12)
Click here: 4-H American Spirit Brochure 2018 for more information about:
- AMERICAN SPIRIT EXPERIENCE (Grades 8-10)
- AMERICAN SPIRIT WEST (Grades 9 & up)
WHAT IS IT? An educational travel – Experience To Explore our National Parks for 4-H Youth in 9th grade and up
WHEN IS IT? Tentative dates are June 20-30, 2018
WHERE IS IT? The experience will begin with transportation to St. Croix Falls and head west from there. We are partnering with the national park service and will incorporate six national park units in the experience:
• St. Croix falls national scenic riverway
• Pipestone National Monument
• Badlands national park
• Mount rushmore national memorial
• Yellowstone national park
• Grand teton national park
• Devil’s tower national monument
Activities will include ranger-led educational programs, service learning projects, hiking, some camping, and fun!!!
WHAT’S THE COST? Very tentative cost of $1,500 per person
WHY DO IT? short term outcomes from our logic model include:
• Youth learn about the foundation and background of national parks
• Youth gain an appreciation of natural resources
• Youth gain outdoor skills and leadership skills
In the long term, we hope to create citizens who are educated about and advocates for conservation, preservation and the environment!
- LEADERSHIP WASHINGTON FOCUS (Grades 6-8)
~ NEW! Leadership Opportunity in Washington D.C. ~
Available to All 4-H Youth in Grades 6-8
For more than 50 years, thousands of 4 H’ers have participated in our high school program, Citizenship Washington Focus and we are happy to offer its sister program for middle school 4 H’ers, Leadership Washington Focus. The program takes place at our national 4-H conference center, conveniently located one mile from Washington, D.C.
• Build confidence and motivational skills to lead others in meaningful action
• Practice effective inter-personal communication skills through group discussions and public speaking
• Work with others to create and accomplish goals
• Develop a personal leadership style
• Exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other 4 H’ers from across the nation
• Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
WHEN: July 15-20, 2018
WHERE: Chevy Chase, Maryland & Washington D.C.
WHO: 4-H Youth in Grades 6-8
COST: $1100 (Winnebago County Leaders’ Association will assist with 30-50% of this cost)