The Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program is a federally funded grant program that collaborates with community, state and federal organizations in the design and implementation of nutrition education programs for low-income and food stamp eligible populations. This program provides outreach in the Tri-county area to include Calumet, Outagamie and Winnebago counties. More specifically, the program will provide education on:
- Research based programs on nutrition and physical activity in accordance with the USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the Food Guide Pyramid
- Managing food resources, thrifty shopping practices, managing food dollars, all to help families become more food secure
- Food safety education related to safe food handling, preparation and storage
- Programs are available for all age groups
- Programs available in Spanish and Hmong
MISSION:To provide practical, reliable foods and nutrition information for food stamp recipients and their families.
If you have any questions regarding WNEP in Winnebago County, please contact:
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Coordinator
Winnebago County – UW-Extension
625 E. County Road Y, Suite 600
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Phone: 920-232-1973 or 920-727-8643
Outagamie – UW-Extension
3365 W. Brewster St.
Appleton, WI 54914