Community development is the process of helping a community strengthen itself and develop towards its full potential. UW-Extension Community Development Educators help Wisconsin residents, organizations and communities deal with their own unique challenges by providing a variety of education programs, research, and resources to address local issues. Backed by University of Wisconsin research, Community Development Educators work with local government, civic organizations, businesses and community leaders to enhance local decision-making and help communities respond to new challenges and opportunities. These priorities change as local needs change.
Allyson Watson currently serves as the Community Development Educator for Winnebago and Outagamie Counties UW-Extension. Her work focuses on a number of priority areas in Winnebago County:
- Neighborhood leadership and capacity building.
- Local government education and leadership development
- Plan Commissioner capacity building
- Community development education programs that strengthen municipal structures and organizations
- Organizational development, strategic planning, community visioning, and Real Colors® facilitation
- Planning and decision-making process design, facilitation, and team-building
- Community Sustainability
- Collaboration for the protection and management of natural resources
- Community economic development and economic impact research and education
THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT EDUCATOR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to strengthen people’s ability to identify and solve community problems through education, citizen participation, group process, and unbiased information – allowing residents to make informed decisions, resulting in better communities.
If you have any questions regarding Community Development in Winnebago County, please contact:
Winnebago County – UW Extension
625 E. County Road Y
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8131
UW-Extension Area Extension Director
625 E County Rd Y
Natural Resources Educator
625 E. County Y, Suite 600
Oshkosh, WI 54901-9775
Visit the UW Extension Natural Resources website at http://naturalresources.uwex.edu