STEPS TO JOINING 4-H
(For some quick information for 4-H in Wisconsin 4-H Brochure)
1. Select a club that works for your family.
- 4-H Clubs in Winnebago County- Review this document for list about when and where clubs in your area meet.
2. Contact the club’s Organizational Leader to let them know you are interested in joining the club and confirm the meeting day, time, and location.
3. Go to the club monthly meeting and introduce yourself to the Organizational Leader.
4. Review the New Family 4-H Folder information given to you by the Organizational Leader.
- 2014-2015 Winnebago County Enrollment Guide
- Winnebago County UW-Extension Youth Expectations
5. Select the project(s) that you are interested in for the year.
- Youth in K5 – 2nd grade enroll in Cloverbud and no other project.
- Youth in 3rd – 13th grade can select any project(s). It is suggested that youth in 3rd and 4th grade enroll in the Exploring project.
- Start out by selecting one or two projects. More can be selected if youth and parents/guardians feel they can handle it.
- Check on project leaders for programs. If the club or county does not have leaders, the parents and youth will need to work on the project independently.
6. Enroll using 4HOnline.
- To enroll in 4HOnline you need a computer, internet access, a valid e-mail address, and a web browser. You can enroll from a home computer or from a public access computer, such as those available at your local library.
- Follow the instructions for Enrolling in 4HOnline as a NEW family in Winnebago County
7. Dues for the year are paid to the club at the club’s deadline date. County dues are $6.00 per year per member. Local 4-H clubs may have additional dues.
8. Watch for the bi-monthly 4-H newsletter called the “4-H News & Views” for information on workshops, project meetings and other items going on in the 4-H program. You can read the 4-H News & Views on our website at: http://winnebago.uwex.edu/4-h-youth-development/newsletters/
9. Have fun!
Please feel free to contact our 4-H Youth Development Educator Matt Welter at email@example.com or call 920-232-1974 if you have any questions.